A.J. Perri Veteran HVAC Contest Rules
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Introduction: A.J. Perri is offering a give-a-way and challenging entrants (“Entrants”) to nominate someone they know (“Nominee”) to receive eligible heating & cooling equipment. This offer is void outside the Serviceable Area as defined below and where prohibited or restricted by law. Submitting an Entry constitutes Entrant’s agreement to the Terms and Conditions set forth below and to the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
1. Sponsorship and Eligibility. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age nominating Nominees who are also residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and who meet the criteria for Nominees as follows: This Program is open to current members of the U.S. military and Eligible Veterans of the U.S. military who are legal residents of the United States that are selected for candidacy by A.J. Perri Holdco, LLC (“A.J. Perri” or “Sponsor”), and must be at least twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry, and are homeowners living in a residence with an existing central HVAC system (including ductwork) located in the State of New Jersey (the “Residence”) and within A.J. Perri’s serviceable area (“Serviceable Area”). “Eligible Veterans” means those persons who have served for the full period in which they were called and were honorably discharged, or those that were discharged early for a service- connected disability and can verify their Veteran status. To determine whether Nominee lives in a Residence within a Serviceable Area, please visit AJPerri.com. Employees of A.J. Perri, its affiliates, licensees, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each are not eligible. Potential Winner(s) is subject to verification, including verification of eligibility including veteran status, and must be able to provide their DD 214 for proof of service.
2. Program Entry Period. The Program begins at 12:00pm Eastern Time on February 5, 2018 and ends at 11:59pm Eastern Time on February 19, 2018 the “Contest Period.”
3. Entry. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received and the caliber of those Entries and compliance with the judging criteria. Prize will be awarded to winning Entrant’s Nominee. Entrants are entering on behalf of their Nominee and not in an individual capacity, unless Entrant is entering on behalf of himself/herself in which case Entrant will also be considered a Nominee pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. Eligibility shall be determined at the sole and exclusive discretion of A.J. Perri. Each Entry must include a description of why a Nominee is deserving of the Prize. To be considered under the Program, complete the Nomination Form within the Contest Period and submit your responses to A.J. Perri. Nominees may be contacted to allow for an additional inspection of the residence of the Nominee to determine eligibility. Entries are limited to one entry per household. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who, in its sole suspicion, tampers with the entry process, intentionally submits more than a single entry, violates these Terms and Conditions, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In addition, Sponsor in its sole discretion may reject an Entry if the Entry, either in part of in its entirety, is deemed to be obscene, defamatory, inappropriate, or in violation of any third party’s rights. No mechanically reproduced or physical document entries accepted. Entries are limited to one entry per household. By submitting an Entry, Nominee represents that: 1) he/she is the original creator and owner of all rights to the Entry, 2) that the Entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other rights of any third party, and 3) the Entry has not previously been published in any medium or entered in any other contest. Entrants and Nominees may be required to provide additional information and/or complete additional documentation as requested by Sponsor, and both Entrant and Nominee must provide such additional information and/or complete additional documentation to verify any aspect of the Entry and/or verify the eligibility of Entrant/Nominee to participate in the Program. Failure by either Entrant or Nominee to respond to Sponsor’s request for additional information and/or failure to provide Sponsor with completed documentation, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification of the Entry.
4. Process for Entry. Entrant or Nominee must visit (thunder106.com or 1071theboss.com) [CC1] and complete an Entry form. To be eligible, Entries must be received within the Contest Period. Entrants must complete all required information in order to participate.
5. Selection of Winners. All Entries will be judged based on a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor who will score qualifying Entries based on the deservedness of the Nominee to receive the Prize (taking into consideration factors such as need, content, and relevance), along with judges’ determination of conformity to the rules. The panel will select three (3) finalists based on the information included in the nomination form describing why the Nominee should be considered. Such Entries may be evaluated in one or more rounds of judging, and each round may include different judges. The top three (3) scoring Entries will be eligible to participate in the public voting period, and the winner will be selected by the public by popular votes submitted through the promotional website. The top three (3) Entries will be announced on February 26, 2018; however, the exact date of the announcement is subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In order to participate in the Promotion, finalist Nominees must complete and return to Sponsor a completed Affidavit and Acknowledgment accepting Nomination and agreeing to participate in the Promotion in accordance with the Terms and Conditions identified by Sponsor within the time frame identified by Sponsor. The three (3) finalist Nominees will be featured on Sponsor’s webpage and other media outlets chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Online voting will be held from 2/26/18 through 3/2/18 (the “Voting Period.”) [CC2] Actual date and times of the Voting Period are subject to change without prior notice. In each case, only “votes” on the Promotion platform (“Votes”) will be counted. Voting is limited to one vote per person/email address/ household per day and votes must be submitted through the online voting ballot that will be available on the Promotion webpage. [CC3] VOTES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE A DETERMINING FACTOR IN THE SELECTION OF WINNER(S) (INCLUDING GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR RUNNER-UP WINNERS) BUT MAY BE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, ONE OF MANY FACTORS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION IN SELECTING WINNER(S). In the event of a tie at any level of judging, the judges will re-evaluate the Entries in accordance with the criteria set forth herein until the tie is broken. The tied Entries will then be submitted for a re-vote amongst the judges at the respective level until the tie is broken. One (1) Winner will receive the Grand Prize and the other two (2) finalists will receive a Runner-Up Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The decisions of judges are final and binding in all matters.
6. Selection of Recipients. Winners will be identified by Sponsor and shall be chosen at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up Winners will be announced on or before March 11, 2018; however, the exact date of the announcement is subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winners and Runner-up Winners must supply a photo ID with current address or other appropriate picture identification to claim a prize and fill out a W-9 Form. Sponsor shall issue all Winners a Form 1099’s for the value of the prizes awarded to such Winners in connection with this contest. Winners / Recipients acknowledge that they are responsible for any and all taxes associated with the prizes awarded to them in connection with this contest. The Winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit as well, as agree to the terms and conditions set forth herein, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner must schedule the install of their prize, if applicable, within 30 days of notification or the prize will be forfeited. Winner will be notified by electronic mail and telephone. A.J. Perri will attempt to re-send said email and contact customer up to three (3) times each. If any recipient does not respond to email notification or telephone call within three (3) days of its transmission, or should the email be returned as undeliverable or telephone number no longer in service after three (3) attempts, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Recipient will be selected.
7. Duties of Participants / Limitation of Liability. By entering, Entrants and Nominees agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final. Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any liability, damages, losses, or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Program and acceptance of the prize. By entering the Program, Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs, excluding attorney’s fees, disbursements or court costs. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim any punitive, incidental, and consequential damages against Sponsors.
8. Description of Prizes.
· Grand Prize – One Winner: A.J. Perri will install one (1) new air conditioning and heating equipment to one (1) existing central HVAC system at the Grand Prize Winner’s Residence. The specific heating and/or cooling equipment will be chosen at Sponsor’s sole discretion based on the specifications of the recipient’s home, existing unit, and needs. Prize includes install of new heating and/or cooling equipment, but does not include supplemental electrical work, duct work, code upgrades, remediation services, or any other work outside the scope of installation. Value varies based on equipment installed.
· Runner-Up Prize – Two Winners: Each Runner-Up Winner will receive a $500 Home Depot gift card.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash value. ALL TAXES AND OTHER COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE, AND THE REPORTING CONSEQUENCES THEREOF, ARE THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF RECIPIENT. PRIZES ARE AWARDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND (EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY OFFERED IN WRITING) WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In the event the Winner or any Nominee declines the award or any terms, conditions and/or restrictions associated with the award, Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify the Winner and/or Nominee and to present the award to the nominee of the next best entry.
9. Permissions. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use Entrant’s and Nominee’s names, hometowns and likenesses for online posting, and/or any advertising and publicity without additional compensation. Entrants, Nominees, and Winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification and must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) within 14 days of the prize notification date; otherwise an alternate winner and/or award recipient may be selected (from the next best eligible Entry). Recipients may also be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility and, where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, as conditions of receiving a prize. Failure to comply with the aforementioned conditions shall be grounds for forfeiture of a prize.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Promotion; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant's involvement with the Promotion; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in the Promotion; (vi) any malfunction or other problem in relation to the entry and participation in the Promotion by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the Entry and participation in the Promotion by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Promotion by Entrant.
Inquiries or Questions. Any inquiries or questions regarding this contest, including any request for the names of the recipients, may be sent by regular mail to A.J. Perri Holdco, LLC, 1162 Pinebrook Road, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724.
A.J. Perri Master Plumber License #: 36BI01256600; New Jersey HVACR License #: 19HC00103100; Pennsylvania Home Improvement Contractor #: PA126178; Electrical License #: 34EB01783000