Career Today NJ - Recruitment and Career Fair
Reinvent Yourself, Find Your Future
Your career upgrade begins on October 25th from 11am to 3pm at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center in Toms River, NJ. Connect with over 30 companies that are interested in hiring right now.
This event is free. Walk up entry welcome during the event.
Get Your Organization Involved
Is your organization looking for Qualified applicants? People eager to work? Someone looking for a career change? If you answered YES to any of these questions, Career Today NJ is the recruitment option you’ve been waiting for.
This in-person event will be highly promoted via radio, print, and social media.
Space is limited. To learn how to participate, email Marketing@PressCommRadio.com now!
How to Prepare for a Career Fair
- Dress the same as you would for a job interview. You want to present the best image possible -- jeans, sweatshirts, and backpacks won't cut it. Avoid excessive jewelry and perfume. You will only have a few minutes to make an impression as a job candidate. Positive first impressions are critical.
- Turn off your cell phone and other electronic devices! Ringers, alerts and phone conversations are distracting and disrespectful. Let the employers know that they are your main focus.
- Arrive early and map out your strategy. Who will you talk with first? Lines will be longer for some employers than they will be for others. Plan accordingly and don't waste valuable time by standing in line.
- Keep an open mind and don't miss out on opportunities due to lack of information or effort. You may want to tour the event and make contact with all the participating organizations to learn more about them and what they have to offer, but visit your "core" companies first.
- Introduce yourself to company representatives in a positive and confident manner; offer a firm handshake.
- Discuss a particular career or job with that organization
- Present your résumé and be ready to discuss your background, qualifications and career goals. Ask what you should do to apply for a position with them.
- Think of questions that you have regarding your area(s) of interest. Take notes on the answers you receive.
- Make sure you obtain each representative's name, title, address, email address, and phone number so you can follow up with them. Collect literature and business cards whenever possible and ask the representatives when you can expect to hear back from them.
- Be sure to take notes after each table. Write down your thoughts about the company, the recruiter, your chances, follow-up strategies, to-do list, etc. Keep this information organized!
After the Event (PERSIST!)
After the event, you should make it a point to follow up with a letter expressing your interest in the company and in what they have to offer. You may want to include an updated résumé, a link to an electronic portfolio, or provide better answers to specific questions asked during the event. Thank you/follow up letters should be received by the employer within 2-5 days after an event.